82 GS450L petcock options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS450L petcock options

High i am new to this forum and this is my first post i recently bought a 82 gs450L and i need to rebuild or replace my petcock i found OEM petcock for 101 and some change i was wondering if there were any other options for petcocks maybe some that are not vacuum petcocks. the old one was leaking from the face and also allowing fuel to drain into the carbs. Any help would be very appreciated

The Bike got it for 700 had 9,911 miles when i bought it runs great just needs some new stuff. this is also my first bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Watsup300 View Post
      High i am new to this forum and this is my first post i recently bought a 82 gs450L and i need to rebuild or replace my petcock i found OEM petcock for 101 and some change i was wondering if there were any other options for petcocks maybe some that are not vacuum petcocks. the old one was leaking from the face and also allowing fuel to drain into the carbs. Any help would be very appreciated
      Welcome to the GS forums. Now go to the GS owners forum section and introduce your self there and get Bikecliff's mega welcome...tons and tons of info for ya. And don't worry, you will get advice out the ying yang now lol.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Thank you so much this website is the whole reason i bought the GS450 in the first place seemed like a great choice for a starter bike

Comment

Boulevard Suzuki has a petcock for $81 and change. They are having a sale soon, believe it's on midnight the 25th through midnight the 26th, a one day event and you should be able to get it cheaper.

Keep up with this thread for updates on the sale.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

thank you checking it out

Comment

If $81 bonez is a little steep for that petcock I rebuilt mine on my 450T for the cost of a kit -$25- and its been running strong for nearly 10k miles!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffasaurus2 View Post
                If $81 bonez is a little steep for that petcock I rebuilt mine on my 450T for the cost of a kit -$25- and its been running strong for nearly 10k miles!
                It is, but I think it'll go down when this sale hits. Those kits sometimes don't work out well for most folks.
                sigpic
                Steve

Comment

I got my replacement petcock through Z1 Enterprises. It was about $30 cheaper than the Suzuki OEM part, and it's every bit as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Sinister View Post
                    I got my replacement petcock through Z1 Enterprises. It was about $30 cheaper than the Suzuki OEM part, and it's every bit as good.
                    Sounds like a good deal, do you still have any info from that to give to Watsup300?
                    sigpic
                    Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X