fuel stabilizer curiosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additives?

Engines are Engineer'd (by people smarter than us) to run on Gasoline, without additives.
    If you have to add stuff to make it work better, you have issues somewhere.
    I would think you should find the problem first, and add the Bandaide later, if the fix is too much hassle/$$$.
    Air leaks, Fuel levels, Jetting, Ignition, Exhaust (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...188211&page=38 1/2 way down),
    Air Cleaner, Burning Oil, Choke Adj,,.. should be ruled out first.
    But for those who like Chemistry Experiments, go nuts,,..

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard View Post
      Engines are Engineer'd (by people smarter than us) to run on Gasoline, without additives.
      If you have to add stuff to make it work better, you have issues somewhere.
      I would think you should find the problem first, and add the Bandaide later, if the fix is too much hassle/$$$.
      Air leaks, Fuel levels, Jetting, Ignition, Exhaust (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...188211&page=38 1/2 way down),
      Air Cleaner, Burning Oil, Choke Adj,,.. should be ruled out first.
      But for those who like Chemistry Experiments, go nuts,,..
      Wizard I agree 100% with your statement but when these bikes were produced there was no Ethanol in every pump across the country and leaded fuel was still around in some areas... Clearly these bikes were not engineered to run a 10% ethanol mix in every tank. Why you see so many clogging issues with bikes that sit too long with untreated fuel.

My Cage (2009 Toyota Yaris) was designed to run the 10% ethanol 87 octane. The car runs the best and gets the best fuel economy with that fuel in it... But that's because the engineering team at Toyota designed it to run the best with that common fuel.

I'm sure if we had ethanol in our gas in the late 70's to late 80's Suzuki would have engineered the carbs and motors a tad differently so we could run a bike on straight untreated fuel with 10% ethanol. Heck even my 98 B-12 didn't like the Ethanol gas. Bike was designed to run on the fuel of the time. Why you see so many Fuel Injected bikes on the market now, not just because of technology but they are prone to run better then carb'd bikes with the Ethanol infused Fuel...

Hence why we should use and why most see improvement in performance with Ethanol treatment additives.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

We are still in an area where you can get non-ethanol gas...for this I am very happy. Our days are numbered though...

Comment

thankfully the closest station to my house is ethanol free. all of two blocks...
          but I do like seafoam, and stabil is great if its parked for a bit.

Comment

Working...
          X