No announcement yet.

GS1000 carb overflow pipe securing clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet setup. If you can't find the clips a couple of wraps of small diameter stainless lock wire will do the job and if done right will look alright.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
      Sweet setup. If you can't find the clips a couple of wraps of small diameter stainless lock wire will do the job and if done right will look alright.
      yeah i was thinking that Sandy as a last resort but surely Suzuki must sell these little clips i just cant find a part number for them.
      i have trawled ebay and other sites and i just cant find any clips similar that small.
      maybe if i knew what the correct terminology for them was i might get more luck. google gets confused when you type in "little springy pipe clippy things"
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Well maybe you can give these guys a call then. Caution it's big PDF download and you should find what you want on catalog page 186 (PDF page 205).

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Just use nylon snap ties and be done with it.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
            Just use nylon snap ties and be done with it.
            too big and look crap lol.........

cheers Sandy i will take a look there
            1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
              too big and look crap lol.........

cheers Sandy i will take a look there
              Well OK, I'd probably use some gorilla glue then, but you guys are serious, so where can we find a small clip that's still available, like for a small overflow drain tubing?
              I got it! how about the the overflow tube clip for the tank sending unit on a '79 GS1000?
              Item 18 in this fiche.
              sigpic
              Steve

Comment

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. finally found some. i was vague on my searching and after looking at the PDF Sandy linked to i searched for vacuum pipe spring clips and hey presto.......there are hundreds of them.
                these are the ones i am ordering.................

oh and Sedelen, that clip would be too big for the carb overflow pipes......
                Last edited by Agemax; 03-08-2013, 09:22 PM.
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                  YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. finally found some. i was vague on my searching and after looking at the PDF Sandy linked to i searched for vacuum pipe spring clips and hey presto.......there are hundreds of them.
                  these are the ones i am ordering.................

oh and Sedelen, that clip would be too big for the carb overflow pipes......
                  Glad you found them!
                  They look pretty decent also.
                  Those overflow tubes are very small and I don't believe clips are part of the stock set-up, the pressure fit is pretty tight as I recall.
                  sigpic
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                    If the tubing is snug you wont need the clips...unless your just going for "the look". I get regular vacuum line from the auto parts store for my over flow drain tubes and just slide it on.

Can you use vaccum line for the overflow, or will you have to buy fuel line? I can't imagine there is much difference price wise...

side note: anyone know the over flow fittings size? I bought 5/16" ID for my fuel line, not knowing I needed to replace over flows. It was tight as all get out to get the T-fitting between #2 and #3. Used a heat gun to make it slightly pliable.

Comment

Working...
                    X