Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAC Exhaust question on fitment

Hey all,

On the Mac web site they lit the pipe for a 1982 GS1100GL to be the same pipe as the GS750, 1100 and 1150 for 1981 thru 1986.

Does this ring true for all exhaust or just Mac. This would make acquiring an exhaust for my 82 GS1100L much easier if the exhaust that fits all these bikes is the same.

Thanks, Jay

Hi,

(At least this will give your thread a little .)

You may wish to wait until you hear from someone with first-hand experience with your situation. In the meantime I'll share my thoughts.

From http://www.macperformance.com/MAC-Su...-803-0601.htm:

I see hardware included to make this exhaust more-or-less a "universal fit". The tricky part is usually connecting the rear of the muffler to the frame by the passenger peg. If the tab on the muffler doesn't line up you have to use one of those connecter-hanger-bracket thingys (there between the O-clamp and the header output).

A lot of folks can fabricate or find something like this in a hardware store when they install their own exhaust.

So, to answer your question, yes. But be prepared to do a little engineering if it's not a simple "bolt on" solution.

I have a GS850L exhaust on my GS850G and it bolted right on with no modifications.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
    X