X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air box boots

So...
    79 GS1000L
    Read a lot of tips on how to get the airbox boots to stay on the #'s 2 & 3 carbs... Going to try a couple things but I also keep reading... "get new boots." I was thinking, "this rubber is pretty rubbery," but as I was working on it tonight (and I think i'm finally getting a grip on this install carb thing!!) it does seem the boots are more plasticky (y'all know that IS a word) than rubbery.
    So... when I decide to take the replace-the-boots plunge, and I will do both sides, where do I buy the darn things? Can't find them anywhere.
    thanks!
    Rick

Rick, love the name. You can get them from boulevardsuzuki.com . I can provide a link sent to me by Eric that shows the parts fiche for your carbs and airbox, but not with my phone. If you PM me before 5 est. today with your email adress I can forward the email with the link by phone or I can post it here later.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

nice name! :-)
      Boulevard's fiche (as i read it) doesn't show them as a part seperate from the airbox... they're my usual go-to for parts. but yeah, i'll send you a note
      thanks

Comment

You can't get the boots on their own for your bike - they were never sold separately.

However, boots for a 79 GS750 will fit. Part number 13728-45010.

The 1000 bellmouths (inside the airbox) are about 5-6mm shorter and are held in the airbox with a steel band. The 750 hoses are slightly offset and have no recess to accomodate that band. However they do fit very snugly inside the airbox. The length of hose between the airbox and the carbs is the same.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Hi,

From http://www.boulevardsuzuki.com/fiche...1977&fveh=2133

Just to make things a little easier, you want #10 in the fiche below:

New clamps (#20 and #18) are a good idea too. I've found the old ones to have stretched a bit.

Excellent advice given by Mr. hampshirehog!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
          Last edited by Guest; 03-21-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks for y'all's indulgence!
            To where do I pay my indulgences? :-)

Comment

Working...
            X