Exhaust System Question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust System Question??

Hey Guys i have a 83 gs750, and was wanting to put a exhaust on it. I want to put the 4-2-1 type of exhaust, but was wondering if that hurts performance. I know then you change the filters on the carbs you have to jet them. Can i just put an exhaust on and just ride the bike. I want the bike to be louder.

According to exhaust design experts, the 4/2/1 system is actually the best, so it will not hurt your performance, it will enhance it.

However, wanting to make your bike louder will alienate quite a few here and you will get no help in that department.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi,

Most of the exhaust manufacturers will include jetting instructions in the installation documentation. But it's usually not very good. (You can find and example here: Vance & Hines Jetting Recommendations PDF-600k). For an exhaust change only, as to a 4-n-1, a Dynojet Stage One kit will help optimize performance. If you also install pod filters you should get the Stage Thee kit. The jet kits are not absolutely necessary if you know what you're doing, but they make carb tuning for intake and exhaust modifications easier for us mere mortals. You can find volumes of jetting recommendations by searching the forum.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X