Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what line on the tank goes where on a GS750 E 1980?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what line on the tank goes where on a GS750 E 1980?

I am rebuilding a 80 750E and I am confused about where the line from up between the tank goes. Onbe of course is the fuel line, but I am not sure about that other one. Does it go to that second (vacuum?) nipple on the petcock or somewhere else? Also if it does go somewhere else then what DOES go on that second nipple on the petcock.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Pnedac

The BIG one goes down to the fuel tee between 2 and 3 and I believe on CV carbs the vac port is on the back of number 2...little brass barb there??? If so that goes to the little port on the petcock. Has been a long time since I have fiddled with CVs...thus the fuzzy memory.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Hi,

I found this on some guy's website.

Where Do These Hoses Go?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by pnedac View Post
        I am rebuilding a 80 750E and I am confused about where the line from up between the tank goes. One of course is the fuel line, but I am not sure about that other one. Does it go to that second (vacuum?) nipple on the petcock or somewhere else? Also if it does go somewhere else then what DOES go on that second nipple on the petcock. This is the correct routing for your 1980 GS 750,

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Pnedac
        You have 3 hoses. Two off the petcock and one off the tank itself, The one on the tank is is a vent hose (correction), it is actually a drain line from the fuel sending unit, It catches fuel if the seal starts leaking and routes (left side) down and under the seat. Keep the line away from the exhaust side. The two on the petcock are to the carbs, the larger hose goes inbetween #2 and #3 carbs to a fuel T, the smaller hose is a vacuum hose that goes to a brass fitting on the #2 carb. You also have two vent hoses coming off the carbs between #1 and #2 and between #3 and #4, those route to under the seat as well. Actually they go under the seat mounts, there is a space there between the seat mount and frame.
        Last edited by mrbill5491; 07-23-2013, 06:46 PM.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I have a 1978 GS 750 with the earlier carbs (not CV carbs). Where do I find the port to connect to the vacuum port on the petcock? Please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Duck View Post
            I have a 1978 GS 750 with the earlier carbs (not CV carbs). Where do I find the port to connect to the vacuum port on the petcock? Please let me know.
            #3 carb I believe.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I hate to resurrect a Lazarus thread but BassCliff that link is the best I have found anywhere for routing fuel and vacuum lines. I am putting my 81 750L back together today and realized i didn't note where each line ran to. Thank you a lot.
              Last edited by Guest; 02-15-2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X