TSCC GS750E carb measurements.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSCC GS750E carb measurements.

Hey all, need some help and who better to help me than you guys? I need to know what the outside diameter of the carb mounting surface (part that slips into the rubber boot between the carb and the head) of a TSCC headed GS750E. I just need the outside measurement across the circle of the carb body where it goes into the boot. Why? A buddy got his hands on some RS34's to try on his 1100E but the diameter of the carb mounting surface is smaller than the stock carbs he has on there now and we can't clamp the boots down tight enough on the carbs to prevent a vacuum leak. I heard or read somewhere that the TSCC 750 boots are a couple of mm's smaller and may be just what he needs to make the RS34's seal to the boots properly. As always, thanks in advance for the help!
    Last edited by Guest; 04-19-2013, 01:35 PM.

The 32mm 750 carbs ARE 2mm smaller than the 34mm 1100 carbs, on the outside, as well as the inside. When I get home tonight, I can try to remember to get an exact measurement for you. I just went through the same dilemma, only backwards. I ordered boots for my 750 instead of the 1100, so the 34s don't want to fit. I am for the moment forced to use my 32mm carbs...
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

You got brand new boots for the 750?? Do you want to swap boots?? My friends 1100 boots were brand new last year. He has maybe a 1,000 miles on them if that. This could work out good for both of you. Let me know...

Comment

That could have worked out well a month ago. I already rebuilt my 32mm carbs and don't quite have the time or $$ to rebuild the 34s right now. So I'm just going to run the smaller ones for the time being. That thought did already cross my mind though.
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

However, I do have a cheap solution for you. Use hose clamps. I was forced to use the boots from my 1100 last year due to lack of funds. The radiator hose clamps were strong enough to make the bigger boots seal. It got me through the season.
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
            That could have worked out well a month ago. I already rebuilt my 32mm carbs and don't quite have the time or $$ to rebuild the 34s right now. So I'm just going to run the smaller ones for the time being. That thought did already cross my mind though.
            Too bad for I thought it might be the perfect solution. He is going to spring for a new set of 750 boots anyway and it looked like a straight up swap would have worked out great for both of you. Later on if you still need some like-new 1100 boots send me a PM and I'll see if he still has them.

Comment

Working...
            X