Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Originally posted by Winterstein182 View Post
    I guess I'll search the forums unless someone wants to jump in with some instructions.
    Please read my previous post. Read the links, and all the links in the links, and all the links in the links to all the links. You'll be an expert in no time. Seriously.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Finally! I got my new petcock installed, set my float height with my brand new micrometer, and after a confusing minute or two using starter fluid I'm back on the road! Thanks everybody! You petcock guys were right. I can finally run in the "on" position!

Comment

Woohoo!

(But throw away the starter fluid!)
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Why would you need starter fluid?

Just set the petcock to PRIme and wait about 30 seconds, choke, and hit the button.

Once it starts, you swing the lever back down to the ON position..If it sits for a week or so, then you rePRIme them the same way and start the nbike.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Somebody tell me why. I can't get the thing started again. What the heck!

Comment

Pardon my haste, but I took a shortcut out of frustration. Starting fluid got it to run until it warmed up, then it ran fine. However, I can't do that all the time. Sliding the choke on seems to shut off the running engine, it also does nothing to help it start. What do y'all think happened. BTW, I did remove the carbs but didn't disassemble past setting the floats.

Comment

I dont know without being there and actually seeing and hearing whats going on. I do, however know, that a full tear down and rebuild by the book is gonna fix "whatever" the problem is in them.
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Ha ha ha! The choke's not gonna work if you don't hook up the cable. Problem solved! Just went for a beautiful ride around town, a warm spring evening under the lights. The perfect ending.

Comment

Working...
                  X