Throttle return spring tension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle return spring tension

I love the bike after rebuilding it . But on the ride today I realized the return spring is way to stuff. The grip has been twisted around the throttle control the spring is so tight. Does anyone know what size spring goes on the VM26ss carbs. I wanna call a local sprin dealer and see if I can get one just don't know the measurements the spring goes by.

Not sure of the size, but you might post in the parts wanted thread, some one on here is bound to have extras. terrylee

Comment

You can still buy them from Suzuki... they are stiffer than you might be used to on a modern bike.
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

didn't you have another thread going about this?
        just remove your spring and measure the length.
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

yup..........

Comment

Yeah I posted as a question then was looking for one in parts after suggested to ask for one. Some how my parts finding thread became a question answer thanks for the help I will look for a replacement thanks

Comment

I found one at a local mom-and-pop hardware store that works great. Much more enjoyable to ride since I'm not fighting that spring constantly. Just make sure it is stiff enough that it will actually pull the throttles shut when you let go of the throttle.

Comment

Working...
              X