Carbs rebuilt/back on bike (NO START)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbs rebuilt/back on bike (NO START)

Just fishing for quick ideas before I pull the carbs back off for inspection

Compression test was 130-140 in all cylinders

Good spark on all for

This is a fuel issue

followed Basscliffs tutorial to a T

Check the petcock and make sure it is flowing fuel and or take out the fuel bowl drain screw and see if there is any fuel.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Ditto on the fuel checking thing, also do you have the vacuum line connected to the correct carb? you only need 3 things for it to start...air, fuel, spark. Have a look at the choke control when you put the the choke on and make sure all the choke plungers are working as they should.
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Did you PRIme the crabs well, before the first try? Its gonna crank and crank until the fuel fills the bowls...which most likely will drain he battery down first.

Put it in the PRIme position, choke, and start. When its running swing the petcock back to the ON position.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Yes all of the bowls drained fuel

I poured a little in each cylinder and it fired up for 2-3 secs

Comment

Turns out that the in line filter that was on the bike was clogged up took it out and replaced the fuel line and she fired up. Time to synchronize

Comment

Working...
            X