left bank issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

left bank issues

hey i dont know if this goes here or not if not feel free to move it..
    My issues are as followed
    1 when doing a compression test the left bank has lower compression with throttle closed but when WOT both banks are the same (kinda low 130)
    2- the left bank plug is always darker than the right i have pods and a set of screamin eagle pipes and its jetted (had strait pipes) it had more power w/o mufflers..
    3- left bank pops at idle and when riding

i have new plugs gapped to 0,08 and new coils installed, the carb is clean as a whistle what can i check to even out the compression with the throttle closed it sounds like a sync problem and the bike has 19,xxx miles and i do not know if the valves have ever been adjusted how big of a job is this to do??

PS is a 87 GS450

Definitely adjust the valves and sync the carbs. It should be pretty easy on your bike. You always check the compression with the throttle wide open, that way the air is not restricted by the butterflies. It sounds like your compression is ok. You could have some very tight valves by now.

Comment

well i bought the o ring kit from the guy everyone recommends did that syncd the carbs and OMG its like a whole new bike it surprised me how much faster and smoother it is now and to think i was gonna sell it i highly recomend that kit to anyone!!

Comment

Working...
      X