Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1980 GS1000G 4 into 1 exhaust, will I need to rejet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS1000G 4 into 1 exhaust, will I need to rejet?

Hey everyone, my carb guru buddy is having major surgery next week so it looks like I am going to have to use the factory airbox on this thing after all.

Just wondering if the stock carbs will need to be rejetted for a Vance and Hines 4 into 1 pipe?

The carbs I will be using are from a parts bike and the one I am building wasn't running when I bought it so I have no point of reference, but I figured this is probably a common upgrade so someone here might know what it needs.

Thanks!

Yes you will have to rejet, but it it's not as bad as pods and pipes. The Dynojet stage one/stage 3 kit for your bike includes DJ114 and DJ118 jets for 4-1 pipe rejetting, that would be 107.5 and 110 Mikuni jets. The DJ kit would be nice but the Mikuni jets don't cost much and should do just fine for just pipes.
    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

you may be lucky, my GS1000E ran perfect with stock jetting, with stock airbox and a Harris race pipe.
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

With as modest of a change as a pipe only, you will have to do some plug chops to tell. Some will flow a lot freer and require a rejet (usually mains only). Some will not require any rejet.

Comment

Just emailed my buddy and he said he's planning on having the 26mm slide carbs done before he goes in for surgery so if he's able to do that my only issue is adapting them to the 34mm boots. He bought some pipe to make those so maybe I'll get lucky and he will have everything done. If not I guess I will set up the CV carbs to factory specs and go from there.

Comment

Working...
          X