X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling idle is also a symptom of tight vales

Have you adjusted the valves yet?
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Yes I did all the noob's homework around the propulsion (i.e. not brakewise nor exhaustwise, nor electrically (but electrical has been quite worked on yet) since I got it in January.

No way to put CV on my babe ?
      Yeah there was a pre-BORN FREE 5 party And I could throttle that guy's GS450 like crazy. It was on CVs.
      Oh well, I'll learn to handle it that way... It's my first bike also so I don't mind if she's not rushing... She was fine on the I-5 going 85 - and I felt she had a bunch more.

But still KoolAid kinda answers the whole thread on that quote.

Comment

Sorry about that. You'll get used to it. Once you are, you will appreciate that overall you have a very nice motorcycle.

Comment

HAHAHAHA ok, I just changed the jet needle clip richer while keeping a rather lean mixture, new sparks and HAHAHA handling it at higher revs like you said HAHAHA.
          very nice motorcycle.

The bog gets "drowned" in the quick wrist. the full thgrottle killing I didn't try, I guess there is nothing to do about it but hey it's not a dragster anyway. I guess it was also my frenchy handling. I forgot we're in the States.

It's just about stopping whining and taking the time. Thank you guys. Not without you.
          Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Removing the air filter cover, as I read somewhere here, was helpful, since I didn't want to mess up the rather balanced carbs configuration. It saved 2MPG without lessering power, for the price of a tiny bit of idle hanging, a good deal if you ask me.
            It's running smoothly and powerfully, yet I am getting only 30MPG in town, which doesn't seem to be fabulous. Lotso off and back to work, 3 miles only with warming up 1 minute each time... Maybe I am good, what do you think?

Comment

Working...
            X