GS1000 Choke Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 Choke Problem

Hi, have finished overhauling my VM carbs runs great when warmed up but the choke does not seem to be working correctly.

When trying to start it sounds like it is getting far too much petrol and will not idle at all.

I had a look at the choke jet / brass fuel pipe all holes where clear but did notice that the brass tube is split and presume this is sucking too much fuel, seems to be the same on all the carbs, has anybody seen this before.

I doubt that these tubes can be purchased separately, can they be repsired with solder / some kind of resin, or petrol tank repair / sealer.

which choke jet, brass tubes are you referring to? can you post up some pics?
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Agemax, carbs are back on the bike so cannot get a picture, the tube is below the choke plunger.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by madreg View Post
        Agemax, carbs are back on the bike so cannot get a picture, the tube is below the choke plunger.

Cheers
        well you are going to have to remove them and strip them again to cure the problem!
        can you identify the parts on this fiche?

1978 GS1085.

Comment

Agemax, see pic at this link http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2zzklj6&s=7

Seems I resurrected an old thread by mistake, seems they can be soldered

Comment

ah yes those tubes, yes i suppose they can be soldered if you are VERY carefull.
            anything up inside that tube will block them completely.....
            1978 GS1085.

Comment

Would this make the bike not run on choke, being cracked and sucking too much fuel?

Comment

Originally posted by madreg View Post
                Would this make the bike not run on choke, being cracked and sucking too much fuel?
                yes, as you said, you would have far too much fuel being sucked up through the tubes.
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

cheers, will get the soldering iron out

Comment

Working...
                  X