Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mekanix View Post
    Yes.

Your carbs will clog with debree from the tank or the out of the pump. If they don't flood out from debree stuck in the needle and seat, the jets will eventually clog and run lean enough to do damage.
    Needle clogged shortly after i started the bike for the first time cause of this an inline gravity filter has prevented recurrance.

Comment

Originally posted by GS(X)400 View Post
      Needle clogged shortly after i started the bike for the first time cause of this an inline gravity filter has prevented recurrance.
      Usually a second filter causes problems.

I've found with mine Its use one filter in the tank or one outside but not both.

Its a pain when the needles clog up.
      Stephen.
      1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
      1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
      Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
      GS twin wiki

Comment

I've got an old petcock in the garage you can have the tube off of. The valve portion is bent and leaking, but the filter and tube are fine. Shoot a PM if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mekanix View Post
          Usually a second filter causes problems.

I've found with mine Its use one filter in the tank or one outside but not both.

Its a pain when the needles clog up.
          Running fine for me so far both petcock and the gravity filter are New tho . But TBH thats only a temp solution. I need to clean and coat my tank thats the real solution.

Comment

Working...
          X