Gs1000l 1979

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1000l 1979

My buddy has a 1979 GS1000L and the T-Joint inbetween carbs 2 and 3 is a bit old and corroded as it is a rubber version. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for this online. I have been searching high and low and having no luck!

Thanks!

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. winkysmnm,

My first recommendation would be www.z1enterprises.com if you can't find it in an OEM vendor parts fiche; www.gssuzuki.com, www.boulevard.com, etc. Lots more parts vendors in your "mega-welcome".

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
    Help! Your Bike Won't Start
    DON'T DO THESE THINGS
    Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
    Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Call z1enterprises.com. I think it's on the 3rd or 4th page of their carb section for that bike. I just replaced that "t" and the 2 tubes between the other carbs with the new style billet aluminum with o-rings. they don't make the original style anymore. it's a tight fit but it does the trick. I recommend replacing the other 2 tubes too cuz they are gonna leak like crazy after you take them apart. Ask me how I know.

Comment

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Is that what youre recommending?

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by winkysmnm View Post

Did you check the part numbers?

BassCliff
          Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2013, 01:34 AM.

Comment

The description says gs1000l 1979, i can only assume that is correct

Comment

Hi,

The description says gs1000l 1979, i can only assume that is correct

This description also mentions part numbers.

Did you check the part number?

From my website:

CLICK HERE to download a PDF guide for the Alpha-Sports site cross-reference.
              (Note: If the newer part numbers return no results, use the older, superseded numbers.)

BassCliff

Comment

I looked it up and yes its the same part number, you guys rock thanks so much!

Comment

that's the one. remember it's a tight fit. frustrating at first. there are 2 fuel rails you may want to replace now between 1 and 2 and between 3 and 4 that are made the same way as that "t"

Comment

Working...
                  X