#2 Cyl missing, Spark plug picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#2 Cyl missing, Spark plug picture

Ok, so I figure that it is missing on #2 based on spark plugs (and it is obviously missing). It misses under load. If I gun it super hard, it will fire. I also just did a bitchin carb sync with the vacuum line plugged extra well and it ran great! So...

It is either the vacuum line to the petcock or...

It is the petcock that is not giving a true vacuum block...

I feel as though it is sucking too much air in #2 and not firing until I gun it really hard.

Thoughts?

Those all are lean except second from left, not enough fuel / too much air. Are these from a chop?

This should be obvious but have to ask did you rebuild (dip n strip) the carbs? If no, you should and why were they sync'd?

Comment

They are not from a chop.

I did just do a dip n strip, then a sync.

As for the plugs, I've been wrenching a long time. 1, 3, and 4 seem normal to me. #2 is the one that is fouling. I'd say this backs up my thought: http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_su...qs/faqread.asp.

Comment

1, 3, and 4 are lean. 3 and 4 are much worse then 1. 1 is almost normal. 2 is rich. They are all over. A chop would tell you a lot more. My gut tells me it's not sucking too much air, it's starving for fuel on 3 and 4 and heavy on fuel on 2. Check the carbs and make sure the "bitchin sync" is still bitching.

Comment

Air leaks on 3 and 4, leaky petcock adding extra fuel on #2.
          But it's really hard to tell without hearing and feeling how it runs.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by ThrottleBack View Post
            1, 3, and 4 are lean. 3 and 4 are much worse then 1. 1 is almost normal. 2 is rich. They are all over. A chop would tell you a lot more. My gut tells me it's not sucking too much air, it's starving for fuel on 3 and 4 and heavy on fuel on 2. Check the carbs and make sure the "bitchin sync" is still bitching.
            made me laugh my ass off

Comment

For what reason? If you feel I'm wrong I would love to hear it. Well not really I don't care.

Comment

This whole thread has gotten silly. It is of my firm opinion (and maybe the pictured lied a bit) that 1,2, and 4 are all the same and are jetted correctly. I am running a stage 3 with K&N Pods and V&H Exhaust. #2 is bad. I don't know if it has too much fuel or not enough, but I feel it is because of the vacuum line. I'm replacing the vacuum line and purchased a new petcock (being shipped currently). The petcock is old and hard to turn anyway (have to do it with pliers). So, I will report back when all is buttoned up.

I still value everyone's opinion, but due to my experience and research, I chose to go in this direction. I love you. You are important. Please do not be discouraged.

Comment

I have been waiting to use this again. If i'm wrong i have a foot in mouth one...

Comment

Plug 2 looks either gas or oil fouled. You should be able to tell the difference by closer examination. Try a WOT plug chop. And are your valves in spec? Could a stuck valve on cylinder 2 blow oil into the combustion chamber?

I agree with the others that 1,3 and 4 look a bit lean. It is the whitish appearance of the oxidation of the conductors that hints at this. A light brown color would indicate the right AFR.

Comment

The eagle rides again!!!

Comment

ThrottleBack, no rebuttal? Nothing? Come on, where is your sportsmanlike conduct?

Comment

Working...
                        X