Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!980 GS1100E fuel problem

Hello everyone -

I'm posting this for a pal who has a 1980 GS1100E that is not getting any fuel into the float bowls. (they're completely dry)

We verified fuel-flow from the petcock through the fuel line up to the carbs. Also verified that the vent hose is properly connected to the carb - I believe it was carb #2 .

We also had the carbs off, and removed the bowls to make sure the valves that are opened & closed by the floats operated freely.

Any suggestions where else he should look?

Thanks for your time !

markn

Make sure your gas line is connected to the T between #2/3 carbs.

Verify that you have vacume at the gas valve. Not sure how you know that you are getting gas to the carbs, but assume the line is clear and flowing before you connect to the carbs.

Those are the only two logical reasons for no gas in the bowls unless the floats are wrong.
    V
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Odds are very small that all 4 float valves are inop. If you truly do have fuel to the tee, but all 4 carbs are dry, I'd suspect the inlet tee is plugged.

Comment

It was a plugged line going to the carbs !

Thanks for your help.

markn

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
        Make sure your gas line is connected to the T between #2/3 carbs.

Verify that you have vacume at the gas valve. Not sure how you know that you are getting gas to the carbs, but assume the line is clear and flowing before you connect to the carbs.

Those are the only two logical reasons for no gas in the bowls unless the floats are wrong.
        V

Comment

Working...
        X