Air Filter Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Filter Frame

So, I just got a beat up old '81 GS650G. Among other things, it's missing the frame (basket) for the air filter element. I'm restoring it, so I want to keep the stock air box. However, Suzuki doesn't sell this part anymore. Other then getting rid of the stock airbox, what options are out there? What will fit in that airbox?

Thanks Again!

The frame tends to get junked with greasy filter element. Note in my pic, that it's "D" shaped both ends. All it does is keep element from collasping and being swallowed. If you're creative, you could make one out of wire mesh- the "D" ends don't have to be perfect, cuz the element forms the seal at the ends. The cage is 4.5 inches long.. Make sure you get correct element for shaft 650's- stock or UNI 2440 (IIRC)
    It's alot easier making one then playing with pods- and good pods ain't cheap
    Last edited by tom203; 06-13-2013, 11:19 AM. Reason: typo
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      The frame tends to get junked with greasy filter element. Note in my pic, that it's "D" shaped both ends. All it does is keep element from collasping and being swallowed. If you're creative, you could make one out of wire mesh- the "D" ends don't have to be perfect, cuz the element forms the seal at the ends. The cage is 4.5 inches long.. Make sure you get correct element for shaft 650's- stock or UNI 2440 (IIRC)
      It's alot easier making one then playing with pods- and good pods ain't cheap
      Yeah, I was thinkin about just building one and I guess that's what I'll do. Thanks and best regards,

Snackie

Comment

Working...
      X