BWS30SS twin carb jet kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BWS30SS twin carb jet kit

my 85 GS550 motor in my bike has a 4-1 header (unknown brand) and a supertrapp muffler, and I need to design an air filter box for it (motor isn't original to my 82 and the airbox wont fit).

according to V&H headers, I need to up my pilot jet to a 37.5 from a 35 with a header, but what about adding pods to that, should it be bumped up abit more to like a 40??

will the stock BS32SS pilot jet (which is a 40) work in my twins? I have a set of those carbs here.

seems I cant adjust the jet needle on my carbs, don't seem to come apart, guess I leave those alone?

what about main jets,, do I bump those up a touch or leave as is. 1 and 4 are 95, 2 and 3 are 102.5 (stock settings anyways)

thanx a lot.

Rick

curious as to why my carbs aren't picking up the fuel when I try and start it.. I soaked them for a day or so, put in new orings from Robert Barr, first time I hooked them up it ran great, then didn't a few hrs later, or ever since. Ive removed a lot of times, reset float, chased all passages with a pick, still nothing. choke is hooked up the way it was before, no tank, using a gravity feed tank, vac line plugged, what am I missing. fuel is going into the bowls because when I remove the bowl screw fuel comes out. this really has me stumped..

I tried a known igniter on the bike and still nothing.

Comment

Jet needles can be removed from their plunger but I cannot recall if you can shim them.

Dynojet makes a full kit with needles and all the goodies.

If you want to go full bore why not take the OEM airbox and cut it so that all that remains is the interface for the air filter. K&N makes a filter for this bike which works in conjunction with the Dynojet stage I kit.

This would pretty much give you the flow of PODS, something which is no longer available for the BSW30s.

Comment

I was going to cut down the original box for use, since theres not much room for the full box..

im curious why it isn't picking up fuel. I have great spark, (did the relay mod), all electrical is working, just not getting fuel in.

Comment

I do know mine is an absolute pig if it runs out of gas it all but refuses to flow fuel again. I have had to resort to starter fluid in the past.

You have a new petcock so that cannot be the issue. I wonder are any of your hoses ( including the atmospere vent tubes ) are kinking or collapsing.

I read an interesting article on carb needle valve operation and the reason float height is so critical is due to the fact that the valves never fully open at low speed they just sorta flutter a wee bit. Flutter is not really the right word but its as close as I can get.

When you celaned the carbs did you remove the needle-valve seats. I understand that you bowls are filling but mabe there is an obstruction and these filters.

On that not helpful note I am off for a spin on my MC

Comment

well spin up here one day ..

thanx.. I did clean the screen on the float, gave it all a good clean bath and scubbing.. I will remove the carbs AGAIN for the 25th time and see whats going on..

thanx Jeep

Comment

Working...
            X