Running Rich? Lean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Rich? Lean?

I've got a 77 gs750. I'm running the 4-1 pipes with an after market baffle. Not sure what brand. the baffle came with the bike when I bought it. I'm also running pod filters. I've played around with needle position/main jets and I'm not getting much of a change. it's still bogging when you hammer the throttle. if you roll on the throttle slowly it will rev. Any ideas?

you need to do some mid range and WOT plug chops to determine if the fuelling is lean or rich. then adjust your jets and needles accordingly
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I will get some plugs on the way home and give it a shot.

Comment

I have that exact same problem with my 81 Gs450L I've cleaned the carbs three times now with new plugs and tested the ignition. It came with pod filters so I've thought about opening the main jets 25% more.

Comment

JRBknows, you have VM carbs. You cannot just hammer the throttle, it will bog. Steve can explain it best, but basically they lose vacuum when you hammer the throttle and can't pull in fuel. Some VMs came with accelerator pumps (Kaws IIRC) to alleviate this issue, but the final solution was CV carbs, which Suzuki switched to in 1980.

Comment

Working...
          X