Mid Range Stumble with DynoJet and K&N Pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid Range Stumble with DynoJet and K&N Pods

Ok, so after the rebuild the bike ran great. I had so many significant carb issues before cleaning them and installing the DJ Stage 3 kit that I was just happy that it would run after 6000 rpms.

The only continuing issue I noticed was that the bike would stumble a little when I was in a crosswind. I thought it was odd, but just chalked it up to the pod filters flowing so freely that it threw the sync off a little. It didn't happen often so I just rode it that way.

THEN...in a recent thread that I can't seem to find now, someone mentioned that you should remove the vacuum tubes from the carbs when using a DJ kit and pods. I did so and the stumble is gone. Nothing but sweet solid power all the way to red line and when cruising in a crosswind.

It makes sense when I think about it. Those lines ran into the air box which had a stable environment. Now they were just hanging out in turbulence causing the carbs to flutter each time the wind blew hard enough. Removing them put the vacuum back in a stable environment right behind the motor block.

You learn something every day.

Thanks to whoever posted that in whatever thread.

Back when I had pods mine would still occasionally act up. I fixed the issue by running the vent lines to the battery box.

Comment

Working...
    X