1980 GS1000 Exhaust/Header interchangeability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS1000 Exhaust/Header interchangeability

I have been searching on here to no avail on finding a concrete answer. Is there any headers out there that will also fit a 1980 GS1000? Buying a new one is out of the budget, would prefer to find something in a 4 - 1 header.

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

As far as I can tell, the GS1000E/G/L/GL/S can all pretty much use the same exhaust for '79-'81. You may have to check the eBay for used parts if you're on a tight budget.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Will any of the 850's or 750's fit?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by norman1950 View Post
        I have been searching on here to no avail on finding a concrete answer. Is there any headers out there that will also fit a 1980 GS1000? Buying a new one is out of the budget, would prefer to find something in a 4 - 1 header.

Thanks for the help!

Ive been thinking the same. Does anyone know if the yoshimura headers for a 1100 or 1150 will bolt right up? I really like the look of the black headers with aluminum muffler.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-15-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by norman1950 View Post
          Will any of the 850's or 750's fit?

Thanks
          My research shows that the 750s and 850s will pretty much interchange, but not with the 1000s. Cylinder spacing must be different. But I'm no expert.

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
            Hi,

My research shows that the 750s and 850s will pretty much interchange, but not with the 1000s. Cylinder spacing must be different. But I'm no expert.

BassCliff
            Thank you for your research and time, it is much appreciated. Now just have to find a 4-1 header or fix the one I have.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X