Help Identifying jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identifying jets

Hello there I was digging through the jets I got from a guy at work and am unsure what they are all for. Hoping someone here could point me in the right direction as to which types of carbs they are for (Ie. Keihn, Mikuni, etc).

Here is some pictures of them all sorted out and in the upper left corner I tried to draw the little symbol that is engraved into the jet itself along with the number from them under them.

All these jets are hex shaped, some have a longer hex part then the others minus the pilots. The longer ones have the "K" Im thinking meaning Keihn, and the shorter ones have a square with another smaller square in one of the corners.

These are marked with just numbers and I believe are what our bikes use (Mikuni). Correct me if I am wrong please. Majority of them are have the smaller round head on them. The ones with a "BH" under the number signifies a big round head on them. Also the needles I found are there with the corresponding numbers that are wrote on them.

Any help would be appreciated. The needles I looked up and came back with what looks like the Yamaha R1, and V-Star.

Finally if anyone has a use for some of these please let me know. They are going CHEAP for members here.

Well acccording to some research the small round jets are what are used in the BS or CV style carbs like used on some GS's.

Larger round ones fit most all Mikuni TM33, TM36, TM40, HS40, HSR42, HSR45, HSR48, VM29, VM33 carburetors.

The shorter hex head are for Mikuni TM, VM, TMX style carbs.

The longer Hex are for CR Special, all FCR’s, FCR-MX, PE, PJ, PWK, PWM style Keihn carbs.

I did search for this and wasnt able to find much so hoping this will help people in the future know whats up all in one place while running into the same mixed box situation I came across.

Comment

That's mostly correct

The box in box are Mikunis and sometimes the mark is very small

The BRH jets fit the VM 26 also
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Snowmobiles also use the Mikuni hex jets
        1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
        80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
        1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
        83 gs750ed- first new purchase
        85 EX500- vintage track weapon
        1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
        “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
        If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Working...
        X