No announcement yet.

gs1100e stumbles at WOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you need to be tuning with the 28 dollar air filters REMOVED.
    then buy a set of K&N look a likes.
    trust me the emgo filters will f you up as it will affect all tuning your doing.
    from the video these look like the chrome screen filters...
    if i'm wrong please correct me.

Comment

APEs are around $65, a much better value IMHO.

Comment

i have said this many a time and here i will say it again.
        the emgos are 28 bucks for a reason.
        they are small and odd shaped..the f up the air entering the carbs.
        i had a customer bring me his 16 valve GS and i went through the carbs..
        road the bike and it didn't change one bit.
        pulled the carbs and double checked...everything was great.
        rode it...still messed up.
        i pulled the emgo's and rode it...BAMM!!
        ran great everywhere!
        called his dumb azz and ask if when the problem started..uhuh.
        it started running terrible after his ebay emgo purchase.
        he felt stupid and yes i still charged him the same $$
        on an 8 valve maybe they are ok but i know 100% for sure 16 valve engine/carbs hate them.
        lesson learned.

Comment

RE: Air filters. Between my inexperience and the odd mismatched needle jet on this bike, I was ready to run the damned thing off a cliff. That said, now that this bike is running reasonably well, I think some new filters are not out of the question. Chef inquired about filters earlier in this thread. I had not considered that cheap filters do not have nice laminar flow inside. Anyway, my fingers still smell like gasoline, I think its time for another shower.

Comment

Well I caved and ordered a set of K&N pod filters. I was eyeing the progressive suspension upgrades too, but decided to pass for now.

I ran the bike pretty hard last night. She runs good but not perfect. I noticed that when I went easy on the throttle, then tried a moderate roll on that the slides wouldn't lift properly and the bike would hesitate. However, if I jumped on the throttle right away the slides would slam wide open and she would rip hard. By the end of the night I felt comfortable enough to pull a couple of clutchless rev limiter bump shifts. Felt good.

Comment

Holy crap batman... the K&N pods, like a silver bullet from the motorcycle gods, seem to have resolved all of the remaining engine issues. All the flat spots are gone, the idle is smoother and low throttle popping is significantly reduced.

Now my clutch is slipping under hard accel. The rotors are warped and the brakes are super spongy.

Thank to everyone for help. I think she's finally running the way I had expected.

Comment

Working...
              X