1983 gs 550e jetting can't be correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 gs 550e jetting can't be correct?

Ok now that its running I have another question, My airbox has large holes cut in it, a K&N filter and the muffler says Gemini Corona California on it. But when I took the carbs apart to clean them the main jets had the 95 and 102.5 stamped on them. This cant be correct for the mods? does anyone know of the correct jetting for this setup?

Those are stock sizes.

If airflow capacity has been increased, your jetting also needs to be increased.

How much? I can't help you there, will have to leave that to someone else.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

few sites I saved in regards to changing jets..

my 85 550EF motor has a 4-1 header/supertrap muffler, and a custom airbox with a K&N filter. when ym jet kit gets here and I figure it all out, I will post my jet numbers, but wont be till next weekend at least.

Comment

Yes post results please.

Comment

the jet kit instructions say to use 102.5 jet on #1-4 and 105 jet on #2-3 and move the needle jet down 1 clip towards the point (or use 2 shims (included in kit)). And fuel mixture screw turned out from seated 3-1/2 turns. theres a few other mods to for racing bikes, but probably not needed to explain those.

edited: that's for a 4-1 header, K&N filter mod, so go from there I guess.

Comment

Working...
          X