GS1100 BS34ss air screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 BS34ss air screws

After rebuilding one set of carbs only to find they were the wrong ones I have now pulled down a set supposedly out of an '83 GS1100 16V. The air screw is missing out of one and is seized in the other 3 (yes I have used penetrating oil and heat for a week) I ended up drilling one and using an Ezy Out. I have a set of stainless screws from the other set of carbs but I noticed that the original brass ones have a slightly different shape and the needle is about 1mm longer. Do you think I can use the stainless screws or do I have to find some originals (and if so where can I get them?).

Originally posted by MiketheBike View Post
    After rebuilding one set of carbs only to find they were the wrong ones I have now pulled down a set supposedly out of an '83 GS1100 16V. The air screw is missing out of one and is seized in the other 3 (yes I have used penetrating oil and heat for a week) I ended up drilling one and using an Ezy Out. I have a set of stainless screws from the other set of carbs but I noticed that the original brass ones have a slightly different shape and the needle is about 1mm longer. Do you think I can use the stainless screws or do I have to find some originals (and if so where can I get them?).
    They will still seat the same but be careful not to break the tip off.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks Chef

Comment

Working...
      X