Slides a little outta sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slides a little outta sync

I've just completely rebuilt my Mikuni BS32SS'. Dipped, new o-rings, hex bolts, the works. Before I put these guys back on the bike, I have one concern. The #4 slide is a little sluggish compared to the rest, I've uploaded a video to Youtube if you care to look

Wondering what this could mean and should it be a concern?

Thanks!

take the slide out again, check the diaphragm is good and not split and the return spring is in good shape.
    make sure the slide and the bore in the carb is spotless. spray some wd40 or similar on a rag and wipe the slide and the bore sparingly with it. dont soak it
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      take the slide out again, check the diaphragm is good and not split and the return spring is in good shape.
      make sure the slide and the bore in the carb is spotless. spray some wd40 or similar on a rag and wipe the slide and the bore sparingly with it. dont soak it
      Yep, did all those things but will try again. You think this will effect the bike's performance?

Comment

i doubt it, the vacuum formed in the carb by the engine will lift or lower the slide as it should do when the engine is running
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          i doubt it, the vacuum formed in the carb by the engine will lift or lower the slide as it should do when the engine is running
          Thank you, Sir.

Comment

Might be a kink in the spring? Something blocking the air hole in the slide a little bit?
            I have seen them worse and they seem to run OK, but they should be all about the same.
            Age is right, when it's running the vacuum is very strong, but if the spring is bad or the hole is blocked it might not work just exactly the same as the others.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
            X