No announcement yet.

Newbie-First post-GS750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be. You need to remove the cover and take another picture.

Comment

Here's what I see behind the headlight.

Comment

There should be a double banjo bolt on the right side of the T, one line from the MC, one to the right caliper.

Replacing those 30 year old brake lines, and refreshing the calipers with new seals and pistons is highly recommended.

I used Apex lines and the fit and finish is perfect.

This set comes with everything you need except the double banjo, you can call them and order one.

Last edited by Guest; 08-14-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

So does it look like the previous owner was riding the bike with only one caliper installed?

Comment

Those carbs... they appear to be flat slides, yes?
            '80 GS1000ST
            '92 ZX-11
            Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

I'm sorry, I don't understand what your saying? Can you clarify? Sorry, I'm very knew to working on bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by claygs750e View Post
                I'm sorry, I don't understand what your saying? Can you clarify? Sorry, I'm very knew to working on bikes.
                Carbs don't look stock for your model, but may be my tired old eyes. Gotta close-up pic?
                '80 GS1000ST
                '92 ZX-11

Comment

Yea I have no idea what's stock and what's not since I'm not familiar wit this model bike. Here's a pic of the carbs.

Comment

Carbs appear to be from early model GSX-R (flat slide design), or something of the sort... but don't quote me on that. I believe your particular bike would come stock with BS 32mm CV carbs.
                    '80 GS1000ST
                    '92 ZX-11

Comment

There is nothing about those carbs that say "GS".
                      I would have expected the 750s to have BS32 carbs, same as the 850s.

Comment

I looked on the neck of the bike and it says GS75X. There's a stamp on the rear that says GSX750. Is that different?

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                          There is nothing about those carbs that say "GS".
                          I would have expected the 750s to have BS32 carbs, same as the 850s.
                          What he said.
                          I'd think it prudent to get the stock BS32s and make your life way easier. Here's some on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-SUZUKI-...1fd6b9&vxp=mtr Not saying buy this particular set, mind you; i think you can find 'em cheaper, but plan on a rebuild. May even post to "Wanted-Parts" section here.
                          Good luck with the project!
                          '80 GS1000ST
                          '92 ZX-11

Comment

As of now I can't put a lot of money into the bike so I have to be selective on what I spend my money on. I would like to at least get these carbs working and then later on possibly replace them. Is there a way to tell what type of carbs they are and maybe buy a carb kit so I can clean it up? Should I start with taking it off and doing a good cleaning? I'm reading the Mikuni BS (CV) Carb rebuild tutorial and curious if the carbs I have on currently is similar enough to follow this document for cleaning?
                            Last edited by Guest; 08-15-2013, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by claygs750e View Post
                              As of now I can't put a lot of money into the bike so I have to be selective on what I spend my money on. I would like to at least get these carbs working and then later on possibly replace them. Is there a way to tell what type of carbs they are and maybe buy a carb kit so I can clean it up? Should I start with taking it off and doing a good cleaning? I'm reading the Mikuni BS (CV) Carb rebuild tutorial and curious if the carbs I have on currently is similar enough to follow this document for cleaning?
                              Okay, here is what I see. First the brake line T is there, the PO just remove the right hand brake line and used a shorter Banjo bolt. All you have to do is get the new lines and the right (longer Banjo bolt and new copper crush washers. Pull the carbs off and take some different angle pics of them. Someone then can better identify them. If you want some more info on the bike you can PM me since I have the same bike. I know just about everything there is to know on it lol.
                              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

So I found out the carbs on my bike are from a late 80`s GSR so my question is it worth upgrading the seals and orings On this one or buying a stock carb? I don't have a lot of money now so if I can get away with keeping them I will but if they will cause me headaches down the road I don't want to waste my money. If I do buy a new set of carbs can you look at this link and tell me if these are the ones that I need?

Also, I just bought a petcock with the lever assuming that it wouldn't hit the carbs because at the time I didn't know the carbs on here we're not stock. If I do go with the stock carbs will this petcock need to be the style that doesn't have the lever?

Last edited by Guest; 08-31-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X