Mikuni BS32 Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikuni BS32 Rebuild

I did some searches but am not having much luck. I just took apart my carbs to clean them up and install a dynojet kit. I'm missing some parts from whoever was in here last. Where is the best place to source small carb parts online??

1980GS850G
    Mikuni BS32 Carbs
    New MAC 4into1 Pipes
    Running Pods

if you do a google search for GS850 OEM parts a ton of sites will come up. If you're missing too many parts you may want to buy a used set of carbs off ebay and move those parts over to your carbs.

Comment

What are you missing?
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I'm missing one of the little brass washers that the Main (round) jet sits against the needle valve and the #2 carb pilot jet(45) was stripped already but I was able to wrestle it out. I'm also missing two of the clips that hold the float needle against its little spring, and the choke actuation rod should have a spring and its missing too.

Ok, I found a good OEM site thanks Triam.

My question now is if those little clips on the float needle valve are necessary? One was missing when I opened up the float bowl. It seems as though to get it you have to buy the whole float needle valve assembly and their $35 each.

This is the first time I've worked on four carbs at once! Thanks for the help!
        Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I have all but a 45 pilot jet
          You do not need the clips on the float seat.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

i've got a 6sigma jet kit i'm about to put in my carbs, well come winter. for the o-rings i would suggest cycleorings.com. for the float bowl gasket or any other parts i would suggest suzukipartshouse.com. good luck with the rebuild
            Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2013, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. BTreadz,

Here are some resources that I hope you find helpful. It's your "mega-welcome".

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
              Help! Your Bike Won't Start
              DON'T DO THESE THINGS
              Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
              Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Getting Closer

I have rounded up all the parts and have the carbs mostly reassembled.
                My only issue at this point is that the washer on the top of my needle is a very thin .5mm and the stage 3 dynojet kit that I'm installing says to use the stock washer layout and since that stock thick plastic washer is missing, I guess I'll have to find a thicker washer.
                I'm getting excited to get it back together!!

Comment

Working...
                X