Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikuni bs34ss fuel t on 81gs450s. Need one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikuni bs34ss fuel t on 81gs450s. Need one!

I finally got my bike to fire!! Really stoked as this is my first bike and got it as a project. I'm ordering an oring kit tomorrow but I need the fuel t that goes in between the two carbs and I can't seem to find it anywhere! Really want to ride the bike soon an want to order ASAP! Please help a new enthusiast out and I will be very greatful.

Plan on ordering an oring kit and the fuel t as mine is cracked. Anything else I should order for when I clean the carbs?

Thanks,
    Garrett

Bowl gaskets, new fuel line, be sure to get the intake manifold orings when you order the orings. Try Sudco or Sirius Consolidated for the fuel tees. I too will take a quick look and post if ifind them.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Look at the lists and choose your carb style and click around..gotta search their site a bit but they will probably have it somewhere.

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by NC81cafe View Post
        I finally got my bike to fire!! Really stoked as this is my first bike and got it as a project. I'm ordering an oring kit tomorrow but I need the fuel t that goes in between the two carbs and I can't seem to find it anywhere! Really want to ride the bike soon an want to order ASAP! Please help a new enthusiast out and I will be very greatful.

Plan on ordering an oring kit and the fuel t as mine is cracked. Anything else I should order for when I clean the carbs?

Thanks,
        Garrett
        Congrats on progress with your bike. If I were to rebuild the carbs on a GS450 non-runner I would recommend the following parts:

- Carb o-ring combo kit from Robert Barr
        - Stainless Allen bolts AND matching washers/lockrings with plenty of anti-seize:
        * CV cap bolts (M5-0.8x16)
        * Float bowl and choke plunger bolts (M4-0.7x12)\
        * Gang plate bolts (M6-1x12)
        - Float bowl gaskets (check if you need them first)
        - Intake boots (check if you need them first)
        - Airbox boots/stacks (check if you need them first)
        - Assorted flat washer kit from Radio Shack for shimming the needles
        - Mikuni VM22 pilot jets size 17.5 (check if you need them first)
        - Mikuni small round main jets size 115 (check if you need them first)

Some JIS type screwdrivers and a long pair of snap ring pliers would help you along as well. You do plan to strip and dip them, right?

As for the fuel tee, it's Suzuki part #13685-44110 and retails for about $30. However, if you want to conduct a $10 experiment, measure your cracked fuel tee and see if this one from Mike's XS works:
        Last edited by Guest; 08-30-2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the fuel t part number! I'll inspect the gaskets before ordering. The write up on my carbs from basscliffs website the float gaskets have a section that branches off toward the middle an when I look them up I only find them without the middle section? The ones I've found that look like them are listed for mikuni carbs on an xs650? I'll open them up tonight regardless and see what I'm working with. Orders the o ring kit already this morning!

Bike sounds awesome with the Mac 2 into 1 exhaust and no muffler but man is it loud! Though that's never a bad thing!

Comment

Thanks for the fuel t part number! I'll inspect the gaskets before ordering. The write up on my carbs from basscliffs website the float gaskets have a section that branches off toward the middle an when I look them up I only find them without the middle section? The ones I've found that look like them are listed for mikuni carbs on an xs650? I'll open them up tonight regardless and see what I'm working with. Orders the o ring kit already this morning!

Bike sounds awesome with the Mac 2 into 1 exhaust and no muffler but man is it loud! Though that's never a bad thing!
            Float bowl gasket should look like this:

The needle jet goes through the hole in the middle. If your gaskets come out in one piece and are still pliable, you can reuse them. Just coat them with a bit of waterproof grease when reinstalling. If not, order a new set from your favorite Suzuki parts supplier. They should be around $13 a pair.

Some XS650s have Mikuni BS34 carbs, but they have different internal configurations, even though they're the same size.

With regard to the Mac 2-into-1, loud being a bad thing is subjective, but running with no muffler ain't good! You need a certain length system for proper running and, even then, the 2-into-1 will probably require some rejetting, so do some research and be prepared to dig into those carbs pretty often until you get it right. Are you running the stock airbox?

Comment

Well the bike ran good until one day if cut off on my friend. Sat in his garage for close to a year then I picked it up on a trade (roughly $250). The GS had a new battery, new chain and sprockets as well as clip on bars. The 2 into 1 has been on it for a long time, before my friend had it I believe. Bike also has pod filters which were on there already also.

I definitely don't mind loud. I believe it to be safer!

With that said idk if any jets were replace with those items or not. But we shall see how she runs once everything is together. Maybe I'll be lucky and that stuff has been done

Comment

Well the bike ran good until one day if cut off on my friend. Sat in his garage for close to a year then I picked it up on a trade (roughly $250). The GS had a new battery, new chain and sprockets as well as clip on bars. The 2 into 1 has been on it for a long time, before my friend had it I believe. Bike also has pod filters which were on there already also.

I definitely don't mind loud. I believe it to be safer!

With that said idk if any jets were replace with those items or not. But we shall see how she runs once everything is together. Maybe I'll be lucky and that stuff has been done
                It's always easier to get a bike running when everything is back to stock because it's a known working combination. It gets tougher once you have to deal with unknown modifications that may or may not have been done correctly. That being said, it's not impossible. If you don't have the stock airbox or you really want to keep the pods, make sure they're either K&N or UNI filters. Most of the other cheap pod filters flow less than stock and actually hinder proper function of the carbs. Then, take a look through some of forum-member "pete's" threads (this one is a good start) since he has a very similar setup (pods and pipe) and has had success.

Comment

Thanks for the help! It definitely would be more costly going back to stock (don't have the parts and don't plan to use them) just to get a starting point for tuning. So I'll see what my base line is and then tinker from there.

Comment

Do not get that part from Mikesxs
                    I wasted 20 dollars on it, was too big to go between the carbs.

Comment

Working...
                    X