Airbox boots at decent price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox boots at decent price

I was shocked to see a set of 4 for under $50 - was expecting to pay at least $20 each.

Gotta have a mea culpa on this one, I only wanted one boot because the #1 boot had slipped off the carb - causing excess heat and premature hardening (in the munched shape I'd allowed it to take). I don't know how long I let it run like that - maybe even synced the carbs that way. Duh!

Anyway, I was so pleased at the price that I felt great about getting 4 x new ones and keeping some spares - 2 for the right and 1 for the left.

Wanted to let you guys know - not sure if the "only in a set of four" allowed Z1 to lower the price, but the sets on ebay are certainly more expensive by $25+.

Here are the ones I got - didn't check prices for other models... http://www.z1enterprises.com/ItemDet...=13881-45030-K
    Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2013, 04:01 PM.

Do yourself a favor and change all four boots - you'll be good for another twenty years or so.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      Do yourself a favor and change all four boots - you'll be good for another twenty years or so.
      Oh I will, but the ones I've got are not original. User error can apparently make for rapid aging.

But yeah, I'll swap all 4 and since 3 of the 4 I have are still very flexible, I'll keep 'em for back up.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
        Scott, the ones in my 850 were bad after about 5 years. I blame it on ethanol, of course . Come to think of it, the ones I borrowed from the 1000 so I could take the 850 to BC were already turning. One was completely loose in the airbox when I put it back in the 1000, so they all got replaced this summer, after maybe 3 years in service. I wish I knew a way to protect them. Maybe some silicone spray or something?
        Last edited by Dogma; 09-02-2013, 07:46 PM.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
          I wish I knew a way to protect them. Maybe some silicone spray or something?
          Guess I'm not the only one. :-) Anyone got a maintenance program for theirs?

Edit: there's a place in town here that sells pure gas, wonder what that'd do for these bikes?

Comment

Working...
          X