X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS400 Idle or throttle problems

Hi,

Im having troubles with the idling on my 1980GS400,

The other day it was deff idling to high when stopped. Like 2000 or 2500. Then today it dropped all the way done about 1000.

It was lagging after changing gears and keeping its revs up.

Tonight I changed the bars over and after that it was lagging and sticking even more when riding. Pretty much unridable.

all my cables are put back as they were and its idling at a pretty normal level. About 1500.

A mate said maybe the throttle bracket is sticking?

Luke

With bike off, reach under carb(s) and find idle stop screw (knurled knob), put one hand on that and with other hand twist throttle grip back and forth- does it feel like the cable is returning to stop screw consistently? sometimes cable routing causes binding.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      With bike off, reach under carb(s) and find idle stop screw (knurled knob), put one hand on that and with other hand twist throttle grip back and forth- does it feel like the cable is returning to stop screw consistently? sometimes cable routing causes binding.

Thanks for this, could this play with my timing. I just paid to get the bike Dyno tuned and if I can risk throwing it out I might be better to take it the mechanic.

Comment

"Dyno tuned" what's that ? and how come whoever did this did not correct idle problem (assuming it's not new handlebars being the issue) ?
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X