Intake Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Boots

Is there a left and right side boot? the originals I pulled off where identified as R and L...but when looking at bikebandit, I order #25 and #24 but they were both right side boots...is there really a difference? when placed side by side, I don't see any visual difference.

There has definitely been a difference between right and left side boots on every example I have seen.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

left and right are the same...flip right over and put on left and visa versa....

Comment

According to the parts fishe, Suzuki combined the part numbers. Order a left and get a right. Do they fit?
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

of course they fit.
          750/1100/1150 clamp type boots.

Comment

They may fit onto the head, but wouldn't the carb sync ports end up on the wrong side? Looking at mine, there seems to be a slight offset as well on the carb that would not be the same from left to right if you inverted the intakes. I just checked and there is still two different part numbers for the left and right intakes on an 850.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
            1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
            1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
              They may fit onto the head, but wouldn't the carb sync ports end up on the wrong side? Looking at mine, there seems to be a slight offset as well on the carb that would not be the same from left to right if you inverted the intakes. I just checked and there is still two different part numbers for the left and right intakes on an 850.
              read the post above yours....
              these are clamp on boots which mean no sync port.

Comment

my old ones were marked L and R but the new ones from Suzuki (10 years ago) were all for the same side (R, i think)and 2 had to be flipped for the other side. I recall that L and R were slightly different and there appeared to be an alignment issue using all R's, but there was lots of flexibility with the new boots and there was no problems installing the carbs.
                I just had the carbs off again this year and I was surprised how flexy the boots were after 10 years. I also couldn't notice any alignment issues anymore, I guess the newer boots took a "set".

Sync ports are in the head.
                GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Sorry, didn't see the "750/1100/1150 clamp type boots" comment.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                  1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                  1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                    left and right are the same...flip right over and put on left and visa versa....
                    Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
                    They may fit onto the head, but wouldn't the carb sync ports end up on the wrong side? I just checked and there is still two different part numbers for the left and right intakes on an 850.
                    For those that don't know the difference, some boots have the sync ports on them, some don't. For the boots that don't have sync ports, you can turn them over as blowerbike has suggested. However, for those that do have sync ports, like JT's 850, you can not turn them over, because the sync ports would be pointinging inward from the top of the boot.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                    X