Bogging down on take off only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogging down on take off only?

hey guys, just wanted to get some opinions on possible causes for a prob we're experiencing. we just finished building a chopper for my friend but we kept the stock muffler system and installed pod filters. first we had trouble with the bike studdering when cold. it would take forever to warm up and it wouldn't get past certain rpm's till then. after fully warm the problem would go away and the bike would throttle awesome through the whole rpm range. we fixed this problem by getting a new carb jet kit which alot of guys on here said was a waste of money, non the less it fixed that problem. another problem we have experienced since the beginning is that upon take off from stand still the bike seems like it wants to bog down. once the bike begins to roll with clutch fully let out, the engine catches on and then everything else goes super smooth from there, plenty power ect. could this be a carb issue? it may sound stupid, but to me it seems like a clutch problem of sorts? when the bike is in nuetral it doesn't bog at all when you give it throttle. any input guys? thanks

Let me guess, Emgo pods?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      Let me guess, Emgo pods?

yep ebay pods

Comment

Working...
      X