rs 38mm set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rs 38mm set up

just got some rs 38mm carbs to replace the 38mm slingshot carbs on my 1229 efe gas flowed & skimmed head ,mild cams,75mm bell
    mouths with foam over socks, 4-2-1 ex with straight through end can. the rs have 145 mains in is this a good starting point don't want to risk running lean cheers
    Last edited by dago; 10-12-2013, 07:24 AM.

final set up

after a bit of fiddling,plug chops use of colour tune and vac gauges,this is what i ended up with.
    pilots: 27.5
    mixture screw: 1/2 turn out
    needle: middle notch
    main jet:140
    the bigger pilots got rid of a stumble/misfire just off tickover plugs a nice mid brown colour,there was no difference in vac readings with tops off ,just got to set the pump

Comment

Not a expert but thought 1 and 1/2 turns out was normal. maybe smaller pilots and screwed out one and 1/2 turn. and a good run on mains be ideal to check what size main jets as mite be interfering with the 1/4-1/2 throttle mixtures. Ignore if u want, could be wrong

Comment

mixture screw

mikuni manual say mixture screws should be between 1/4 and 3/4. out everything else seems pull clean all the way through
        Last edited by dago; 10-12-2013, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dago View Post
          mikuni manual say mixture screws should be between 1/4 and 3/4. out everything else seems pull clean all the way through
          OMG i was wrong, who would have thunk

Comment

screws

most other carbs are 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 out seems to be a mikuni rs thing

Comment

Working...
            X