Vance & Hines on my Gs1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vance & Hines on my Gs1000

Hey everybody. i have a 1980 gs1000g, i just put a new vance and hines 4-1 exhaust. when i pulled off my old exhaust some weird shim semi-circle thing around the 2 center exhaust ports, i pulled the old exhaust off, put the new one on and got an exhaust leak. i cant figure it out so i thought i would ask you guys, and yes i did install new gaskets and cleaned the ports

Can you take a photo, or did you put them back in?

-Matt

Comment

put what back in?

Comment

"some weird shim semi-circle thing around the 2 center exhaust ports"

Comment

i tried it both ways with no difference, it didnt have the same spots for them as the factory system but they did fit in

Comment

Grab some exhaust crush gaskets and see if that helps.

Comment

i threw new ones in when i put the system on

Comment

Ohh, woops. Forgot to read the last part of that post... Ignore me lol.

Comment

hey, any input is good input

Comment

Generally, with aftermarket exhausts, you may need to re-torque the manifold bolts after running a bit, even with new gaskets.
                    '80 GS1000ST
                    '92 ZX-11
                    Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

so just let it leak while it runs then try and re-tightnen it?

Comment

If you did not get the old gaskets out they won't be even and leak.
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                        X