home made ultra sonic cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home made ultra sonic cleaner

Okay, my $.02 worth. For carb and brake parts cleaning I made my version of a redneck ultrasonic cleaner. I have a 1.5L commercial cleaner and this homemade version works better in multiples. I've included a picture and have a video of it working.

I went to my local mexican restaurant on salsa making Monday and got a 6-quart tin can. I ratchet-strapped a $10 HFT orbital sander to the side, cut a piece of rubber to keep the parts from bouncing around inside the bottom of the can, add a pint or so of Purple Power degreaser (or use whatever you like), filled to near the top with boiling water and turn her on for an hour. I'll put the small parts like jets in a small cup at the bottom and set the whole setup on a piece of carpet so it doesn't walk all over the garage floor.

I've also used a rubber tub to clean all four carbs without taking the rack apart or bigger parts but the action in the can works the best because the rubber tub absorbs some of the vibration.
    this not my idea i copied and paste from the kat rider forum
    Info & discussions about our Big Brothers - the 1100 Kats

Comment

here is mine in action

Comment

Originally posted by kdo58 View Post

I have a 1.5L commercial cleaner and this homemade version works better in multiples.

Excellent...

I could see it working well on some things, but do you really think it works better on the internal passageways inside the carburetor body?

Doesn't an hour in the purple power discolor the carb bodies?

I like the idea, might try it alongside the ultrasonic one next time.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

i am using berrymans, the guy who came up with this idea suggested purple cleaner.

Comment

Working...
          X