Dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilema

Hey GS Resources, I'm a long time reader and first time posting. I have a 78 GS1000 fit with Mikuni VM26 carbs. Unfortunately this is my first carb clean and tune, therefore creating some problems. I tightened the fuel needle to far and the tips have broken off. I need to replace 3/4 needles. Where do I get these needles? I have checked on ebay and all around the internet with no success. It's really the only thing keeping me from riding, thanks.

Originally posted by kdubskii View Post
    Hey GS Resources, I'm a long time reader and first time posting. I have a 78 GS1000 fit with Mikuni VM26 carbs. Unfortunately this is my first carb clean and tune, therefore creating some problems. I tightened the fuel needle to far and the tips have broken off. I need to replace 3/4 needles. Where do I get these needles? I have checked on ebay and all around the internet with no success. It's really the only thing keeping me from riding, thanks.
    Z1 carries them. Have you gotten the tips out of the holes?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      Z1 carries them. Have you gotten the tips out of the holes?
      I have yet to do it, researching on how I should go about doing it. But good news is only 2 holes are clogged, so that makes a little less work. Also, the Z1 needles are much longer, more specifically the part opposite to the needle is stretched for some reason, but I don't think anything aside from thread and needle length has much to do with fitment correct?

Comment

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
        X