Left side carb problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left side carb problem

I have a 1983 suzuki gs650 twin air cooled converted into a bobber. No mods have been done to the engine. When the bike is idling the right carb/cylinder run the bike. The left side exhaust pipe is luke warm at best, while the right side is hot as it should be. If i put my hand over the left carb, The bike revs up a few thousand rpm. The left side fires and has plenty of compression. Also there is fuel getting to the cylander. vacuum leak? carb completely out of adjustment? or am i dead in the water? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Let me guess, it sat on the side stand for a long time?

What maintenance have you done so far?

And which engine is it? GS650 is not a twin.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I believe he has a GR650
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Left side is leftside as you sit on bike ??? OK, seems your left carb has plugged idle circuit and/or misadjusted idle/air mixture screw (the idle circuit gets plugged up real easily). Have you clean the carbs recently?
        Are you still using a vacuum operated petcock connected to right carb?
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Check the plugs on the left side. If plug is wet with fuel, try sucking gently on your vacuum tube.

If fuel comes out towards your mouth, petcock is dead.

Comment

Working...
          X