Good way to empty gas tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good way to empty gas tank?

I want to empty the 10 year old gas out of my gs450tx but I wanna know any tips before I mess around with some rubber tubes and empty milk jugs.

Suggestions?

Put a hose on the fuel outlet, turn it to prime. It will all come out but a little bit. Milk jugs are OK, but disposing of it legally may be difficult or impossible. Once it's all out, take off the petcock to get it all out, rinse the tank with a pint or so of new gasoline. Look inside, is there surface rust or does it look clean in the lower parts of the tank? A tiny mirror in the petcock hole will let you see a little of it. Rust happens in the lowest spots first.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

In very minute quantities, old, water-saturated gasoline makes excellent weed killer.

Theoretically speaking, of course.
      sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

In theory, I have no weeds alongside my shop.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Also could take care of neighbors pesky cats

just kidding. Okay I will do this method and see what is in store for me.

Comment

ride it until its empty lol, might be as potent as race fuel after that long lol

Comment

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
              ride it until its empty lol, might be as potent as race fuel after that long lol
              Haha too late that magical liquid is in a sewer somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Hayes.GS450TX View Post
                Haha too late that magical liquid is in a sewer somewhere.
                Of all the disposal methods, that's probably the LAST thing to do......just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
                  Of all the disposal methods, that's probably the LAST thing to do......just sayin'
                  Haha I'm kidding. It's just simmering in a milk jug no worries.

Mike

Comment

Please find something a little more sturdy than a milk jug.

I looks OK sitting there, but it won't last long. After a few days, you may notice the sides getting a little softer.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Please find something a little more sturdy than a milk jug.

I looks OK sitting there, but it won't last long. After a few days, you may notice the sides getting a little softer.

Okay thats a good idea. Hmm maybe like a couple old coffee cans?

Comment

At least find an old gallon-size oil jug or an anti-freeze jug.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          At least find an old gallon-size oil jug or an anti-freeze jug.

Okay I have some around here somewhere

Comment

Working...
                          X