Fuel/Vacuum Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel/Vacuum Lines

Hello all, I hope no one has asked this question before, although that's most likely not the case. Can't seem to find the answer..

Can anyone help me locate a proper online distributor for clear 8mm fuel lines and (any color) 6mm vacuum and tank-mounted fuel sensor breather lines? All the local shops have the King's standard for hose diameters.

1980 GS1000ET

I get all my hoses from www.z1enterprises.com

Comment

8mm is very near 5/16"
      6mm is very near 1/4"

Comment

Not really near enough, and the hard part is finding old thin wall tubing, most fuel line these days is thicker, design for high pressure F.I. applications. The Suzuki stuff is great.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by FLATout? View Post
          Can anyone help me locate a proper online distributor for clear 8mm fuel lines and (any color) 6mm vacuum and tank-mounted fuel sensor breather lines? All the local shops have the King's standard for hose diameters.
          Why not get the proper hose from a proper dealer?

The fuel hose is 7mm. Part number is 09352-70103-00B, you get about 6 feet of hose. If you use 8mm hose (very close to 5/16"), you will have to use a clamp.

The vent hoses are 6mm. Part number is 09352-60103-600, you get 600mm of hose (about 2 feet) when you order that part.

The vacuum hose from carb #2 to the petcock is 4.5mm. Part number is 09355-45855-600, you get 600mm of that, too.

The drain hose from the fuel sender is 5mm, part number is 09352-50823-00B. I have not ordered any of that hose, but the fiche says you get 890mm of it (almost 3 feet).

I see you are relatively new here. Have you received your official Mega-Welcome from BassCliff? Click the link.

LOTS of good information and vendor links in there.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks for the info, Steve!

I guess I haven't officially received the MegaWelcome, but in my endless searches through the forum archives I stumbled across it multiple times. I'll take another pass through it, because darnit it's fun.

I'll bet there's a good vendor in the Welcome that can supply such tubing.

Comment

Originally posted by FLATout? View Post
              I'll bet there's a good vendor in the Welcome that can supply such tubing.
              We each tend to have our favorites, and they are not always the same for all parts.

Boulevard and G&S tend to be among the cheapest, overall, but some have experienced problems with shipping times and/or communication.

PartShark has done well for many things, but costs just a little more.

Bike Bandit somehow has quicker shipping times, but costs quite a bit more.

Alpha Sports is only on the list because of their great parts fiche interface and the reverse search feature. While most of the others are 15-25% under retail, the BANDIT tends to be right at retail, maybe 5% less, but Alpha tends to be 10% OVER retail.

Z1 Enterprises is a favorite for many. If something is shown on their website, it's probably in stock, and you will have it in just a few days. It's mostly aftermarket stuff, but very good quality. They don't carry much (if any) OEM stuff, but are happy to order it for you. It will take a bit longer, pretty much like all the others, figure on 10-14 days for any of them.

When I am shopping for a larger order, I will actually look up the prices on several sites and put them into a spreadsheet for comparison. For the vendors that are the lowest, I will then factor in shipping charges to see who will get my business this time around. It's not always the same, so I keep doing the comparisons.

sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Hey all, I have a slight update and new question.

Firstly, I punched all of the hose part numbers into Partzilla, and acquired all the correct hoses. Thanks for the reliable information.

Secondly, what is anyone's preferred hose clamp, and what sizes should I search for?

Comment

If you got the proper hose, you don't need any clamps.

sigpic
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    If you got the proper hose, you don't need any clamps.

What he said. That is part of the beauty of purchasing the correct metric hose instead of trying to make do with the auto parts junk.

Comment

Oh my that's just boss.

Comment

By the way, FLATout?, would you mind checking in a little more often?

This thread has been going on for a full month.

If you would stick around a bit after you ask your question, you will see some quick responses.

This whole thread should have happened in less than a day, probably just a few hours.

sigpic
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                        X