78 gs 750 petcock replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 gs 750 petcock replacement

Hello.. It says in basscliff's welcome thing that you should just replace the petcock.. I rebuilt it when I first got the bike and its leaking like crazy again.. I just want to get a new one. I have been googling the crap out of it and all that will come up is rebuild kits.. can some one link me with a spot to get a new petcock.. it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Measure the mounting bolt spacing to see if you can find a substitute- also,does your current petcock have outlet line facing forward? if so ,could you reroute this line and use a rear facing outlet which seem to be more common?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      Measure the mounting bolt spacing to see if you can find a substitute- also,does your current petcock have outlet line facing forward? if so ,could you reroute this line and use a rear facing outlet which seem to be more common?
      I will check on those things.. are you telling me that there is no option to get a replacement petcock?

Comment

Z1 Enterprises

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

77 and 78 share the same petcock and are dealer available.

Z1 orders their parts from Suzuki ( same as every other online place does ) should they not have one on the shelf anyway....so skip the bull and just order one from Deland ( Boulevard Suzuki ).
          Last edited by chuck hahn; 12-22-2013, 12:01 PM.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

they order too

Everything I've ever ordered from Boulevard had to be ordered first from Suzuki. They've never had anything on the shelf I needed. I'd stick with Z1. Usually cheaper too.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
            1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Z1 has to do the same thing bro.....and they have to charge you what they have to pay to a dealer ..so its just a tail chasing game really.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by jsandidge View Post
                Everything I've ever ordered from Boulevard had to be ordered first from Suzuki. They've never had anything on the shelf I needed. I'd stick with Z1. Usually cheaper too.
                There is not a single dealer that has stuff on the shelf for our old bikes, they ALL have to order from Suzuki.

While Z1 is a good dealer, virtually everything they show on their website is aftermarket stuff. Yes, it's high-quality aftermarket stuff, but still aftermarket. If you order OEM from Z1, they have to order it from Suzuki, and it's not "usually cheaper". I have never paid less from them than from others. The only reason I order OEM stuff from Z1 is because I am getting other stuff that I only get from them, and it's cheaper to have just one shipping charge.

ATNasty, the petcock you are looking for is Suzuki part number 44300-45011.
                It is $80.17 from G&S Suzuki.
                It is $81.47 from Boulevard Suzuki.
                It is $84.73 from Cycle Parts Nation.
                It is $86.90 from Babbitt's (now called Suzuki Parts House).
                It is $89.08 from MotoGrid.
                It is $89.30 from MR Cycle.
                It is $91.90 from PartShark.
                It is $92.34 from Bike Bandit, but is their part number 108250.
                If you want to spend the most possible, though, it is $116.02 from Alpha-Sports.

Most of the sites claim a "Retail" price of $108.63. Bike BANDIT claims a "Retail" price of $119.43 to justify their higher price. Alpha makes no claim of "Retail" price, they just charge more.

Yes, it's a delightfully slow morning, not much else to do.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  There is not a single dealer that has stuff on the shelf for our old bikes, they ALL have to order from Suzuki.

While Z1 is a good dealer, virtually everything they show on their website is aftermarket stuff. Yes, it's high-quality aftermarket stuff, but still aftermarket. If you order OEM from Z1, they have to order it from Suzuki, and it's not "usually cheaper". I have never paid less from them than from others. The only reason I order OEM stuff from Z1 is because I am getting other stuff that I only get from them, and it's cheaper to have just one shipping charge.

ATNasty, the petcock you are looking for is Suzuki part number 44300-45011.
                  It is $80.17 from G&S Suzuki.
                  It is $81.47 from Boulevard Suzuki.
                  It is $84.73 from Cycle Parts Nation.
                  It is $86.90 from Babbitt's (now called Suzuki Parts House).
                  It is $89.08 from MotoGrid.
                  It is $89.30 from MR Cycle.
                  It is $91.90 from PartShark.
                  It is $92.34 from Bike Bandit, but is their part number 108250.
                  If you want to spend the most possible, though, it is $116.02 from Alpha-Sports.

Most of the sites claim a "Retail" price of $108.63. Bike BANDIT claims a "Retail" price of $119.43 to justify their higher price. Alpha makes no claim of "Retail" price, they just charge more.

Yes, it's a delightfully slow morning, not much else to do.

It works out for me that its a slow morning for you! Haha.. Thanks a ton for the info! Its greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Working...
                  X