will it fit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will it fit??

Currently i have a chopped 4 into 1 headder that came with the bike but suffers from rust that likely wont clean up well.. Not to mention the chopped open headder is quite crude and ive lost appeal to it for my project.. Ive got it in my head to find another complete 4 to 1 system and ill likely go new. I want to verify if these pipes will fit my 82 and if not where is the problem? And id like to know what you think of that price.. Am i getting ripped on or should i keep looking?

My project is wrapping up soon and i dont want to completely ruin it with a hack job exhaust :/

Last edited by Guest; 12-30-2013, 10:26 PM.

They should fit but I must warn you, the Macs that I've heard are fairly raspy and may be a bit too loud for your liking. Price seems fair enough.

Their chrome is a bit on the thin side, as well.

Comment

The vance & hines system any better in your opinion? I cant seem to pull up anything for my specific model year.. I dunno why
      Last edited by Guest; 12-30-2013, 10:27 PM.

Comment

It may not fit ?? they are for a two valve motor, 82 is a 4 valve motor

Comment

Im a little lost by your statement?! My 82 is an 8 valve? 4 exhaust and 4 intake.. What do you mean by 2 valve?

Comment

All the 850G are two valve per cylinder. I think it should fit, might have to make a bracket for the back or something.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I also see the v&h units. Looking at the header though i dont see the flange clamps to mount it to the exhaust?! Maybe just a generic image? Its gotta have some sort of mounting flange on it id hope..

Comment

It should mount fine, and it will be better quality.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Im just going to verify with the seller about those flanges but if the v&h kit is better then iay do that. Will that pipe work well with a dyna stage 3????

Comment

Working...
                  X