Oxygen Sensor Setup to Tune Bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxygen Sensor Setup to Tune Bikes

So, me and my friend both have bikes, and we both want to take ALL guess-work out of tuning our bikes, so we want to make a oxygen sensor using a wideband lambda (O2) sensor and a voltmeter. So, the thing is that I've got my GS850 and he has a XL600, so needless to say neither is fuel injected. The questions I have are:

Can I make a system that doesn't require us drilling holes in our exhaust manifold, and if so how do I do it? What about this picture with the sensor stuck next to the outlet in the muffler? Would this be acurate?

Is there another sensor that makes it possible to just stick the sensor down the exhaust pipe? The thing is that we want to be able to take this to what ever vehicle we're working on.

Think you need to be able to tune each by itself.
    What I have read on it drill each pipe close to the header and weld in a threaded receiver for the sensor to screw into.
    Buy plugs to thread in sensor space while not using.
    Most people drill very close to head as you will not need to heat sensor with power while using.
    There is a forum for SECA II that I have garnished this info from.
    I believe they were using the sensors from Ford/Mazda Probes and buying aftermarket readers from E-bay.
    A few had left them in and mounted the readers on the bars.
    Most on this forum use Colortune a product that replaces your sparkplug while tuning and you need not drill.
    thread into plug hole, run bike, look in site glass and adjust color of flame to proper color, move on to next plug.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2014, 09:19 PM. Reason: thread into plug hole, run bike, look in site glass and adjust color of flame to proper color, move on to next plug.

Comment

The sensor must be directly in the exhaust stream. You can either put it in the collector, or place it inside the exhaust pipe. If your baffle is removeable, you can fashion a clamp that you can screw the sensor into and then direct the stream to the sensor. I use one by Innovate.
      Does your voltmeter record? The changes in the sensor voltage are extremely rapid.
      The setup you are showing is useless, unfortunately.

Crankthat, you cannot use a narrowband sensor to tune. It does not have the voltage range required to tune.

Comment

If the links need to be logged in to see will copy and paste, just let me know.
        This is what I was talking about.

Or this.

Excuse me for any confusion I thought this was wideband?

Comment

Would you like to share the experiences you have had with a new accessory, part or vendor? Post your review here.

Last edited by posplayr; 01-10-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X