• Show
Clear All

Are jets marked with their sizes?

How do I know what I have in the carb?

1982 Suzuki GS450

Originally posted by ruler7171 View Post

1982 Suzuki GS450
    Yep, on the end - can be pretty tough to see.
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Your main jet is likely #115, have you seen this chart from Basscliff's ?

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

magnifying glass

Maybe when I was younger I could see them. Now I have to use a magnifying glass and good light.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
        1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

I am new to the site and VERY NEW to work on a bike and it is awesome to be able to type a question and get info. Great site guys. Thanks for the help. I would like to run pods, but from reading around, that can be a tricky thing.

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
            Your main jet is likely #115, have you seen this chart from Basscliff's ?

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...eight.html#A01

Awesome resource. Don't know what half of it means, but I am sure I will have to learn very soon

Comment

I would like to run pods, but from reading around, that can be a tricky thing.
              Just out of curiosity, what is your motivation for running pods?

You will have to want them rather badly to install them on your bike, if I remember correctly. Unless you are willing to cut up the stock airbox (to the point where it can not be re-installed), you will have to pull the engine out of the frame to get the airbox out.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Just out of curiosity, what is your motivation for running pods?

You will have to want them rather badly to install them on your bike, if I remember correctly. Unless you are willing to cut up the stock airbox (to the point where it can not be re-installed), you will have to pull the engine out of the frame to get the airbox out.

I wanted to go with pods to open up the frame a bit by getting rid of the air box and I liked the look that the pods bring. I was able to get the air box out (without any damage)

Comment

Remove the engine...whhhhaaatt?

Yes, not very hard to remove the air box on the 450. I run pods on mine, took a while to get it tuned, but happy with the results (running short pipes as well...LOUD).
                  1982 Suzuki GS450TZ
                  1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ

Comment

1982 Suzuki GS450
                    ...................... hi i have found that buying from Z1 in the usa,,,,, all the jets are stamped ... also on each bag as well,,, the only time jets are not stamped is when you buy cheap crap for a fraction of the going price ,,, hope this helps you regards oldgrumpy

Comment

I'm going to run pods. My stock air box is in 2 pieces so I'm just going to cut it out. I have a replacement but I found out you can't install it without removing the motor which means probably breaking exhaust manifold bolts yadda yadda. Well, I ain't doing that, so I'm planning on fooling around with the jetting for awhile. I guess I'd rather pull the carbs in and out than pull the motor, drill out broken fasteners and all the other inevitable headaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddevill View Post
                        I'm going to run pods. My stock air box is in 2 pieces so I'm just going to cut it out. I have a replacement but I found out you can't install it without removing the motor which means probably breaking exhaust manifold bolts yadda yadda. Well, I ain't doing that, so I'm planning on fooling around with the jetting for awhile. I guess I'd rather pull the carbs in and out than pull the motor, drill out broken fasteners and all the other inevitable headaches.
                        Wow, you make pods sound like fun- hopefully, I'll never get the urge!
                        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                          Wow, you make pods sound like fun- hopefully, I'll never get the urge!
                          With carb and intake boots off it came out rather easy

Comment

Originally posted by Maddevill View Post
                            You really don't need to remove the motor to pull/install the air box...just remove the carbs/intake boots and finagle it out of there.
                            1982 Suzuki GS450TZ
                            1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ

Comment

Working...
                            X