1982 GS450 Carb Rebuild Kit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS450 Carb Rebuild Kit??

Has anyone found a carb rebuild kit for the 82 GS450? I found the link to http://www.cycleorings.com/450.html but what else will I need for a rebuild and where is the best place to get it?

Get the orings from him, Berryman's Carb dip from your local auto parts/Walmart, and bowl gaskets from Z1, Boulevard Suzuki, or your local motorcycle shop. If you are going to go to your local shop, take the part number with you as some folks won't know what you are talking about.

Here's what it would cost for one each at Boulevard:

13251-44012 GASKET $6.35
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by ruler7171 View Post
      Has anyone found a carb rebuild kit for the 82 GS450? I found the link to http://www.cycleorings.com/450.html but what else will I need for a rebuild and where is the best place to get it?
      Avoid the kits, they are generally of poor quality and you don't need them.
      As Cowboy says, dip them and replace the o-rings and gaskets.
      -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

You probably won't even need the gaskets, you usually don't unless someone before you glued them in place.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Working...
          X