Good source for stainless steel screw kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good source for stainless steel screw kits

Looking for a complete set of SS cap screws for my BS32 carbs. I'd like to pick up all the float, top hat and banking screws but don't want to spend an arm and a leg for them. I've found a set of float and top hat screw sets for around $12 delivered but I'm still looking for the all the bolts that bind the carbs to the front and back rails. A complete BS screw kit would be nice if I could find one. Any ideas?

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Dennis Kirk sells kits I believe, check out his website,Brian

Comment

Well this is what you will need, and you should be able to find them locally....

Comment

Good for you jtgs850......nothing worse than rebuilding a set of carbs and making them all spiffy (like I did) only to have the crummy fasteners I reused flash rust in no time flat.
        Live and learn. I won't do that crap again.
        Nice list gatekeeper. Thx.

Comment

Just make sure you put a little dab of anti-sieze on the treads. Stainless is famous for removing threads after they've been in there a while. Other opinions may vary

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
            Nice list gatekeeper. Thx.
            I have a list for each and every nut bolt screw in SS for the 1983 GS750E, I took note of each and everyone that I replaced on my bike, I have it as a Excel spreadsheet and in PDF form...

Comment

Thanks for the info. on the size of the screws. That will help a ton. Any opinions on cap v/s button head screws? I'm kind of leaning toward the button heads. Here's what I'm looking at:

or these

I did find these as well:

Any opinions on which would work better? They're all 316 SS marine screws but the last set has the washers that are captured with the screw. I figure less chance of loosing them but I haven't seen them in an allen head format.

The best deals are in packs of 50 or 100 so I may be offering a few sets for sale.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
              1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
              1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

I tend to stay clear of button heads unless they are 'on show' as the hex is smaller for the bolt size and more prone to stripping out.
                79 GS1000S
                79 GS1000S (another one)
                80 GSX750
                80 GS550
                80 CB650 cafe racer
                75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
                X