Anybody running a Marving Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody running a Marving Exhaust?

Wondering if anyone is running a Marving exhaust out their. I'd like to know how they compare to a Bassani or Yoshi (I have both). Bassani on my 1100 and an old Yosh on my 750 racebike. The Basani is getting a little beat up and needs some love. Thinking of getting something new.

I am. LOVE, I mean LOVE the pipe. I get to keep my centre stand and it sounds fantastic. I haven't gotten the chance to throw my Yoshi on the bike yet to compare the sound though. I'm running the racing pipe. Mines a bit beat but still working just fine.

There's a shop in Idaho that is selling them for just under $400 I think. Fit's nice and tight, removable baffle, sweet tone.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Can you drop your oil without removing the pipe as well? I'd love to hear it. the bigger question is how it compare performance wise to the yosh or Basi. Thanks for the imput!

Comment

yes you can drain the oil without touching the exhaust. I don't have a video of the bike in action, just in the driveway starting up which doesn't do it justice at all. I won't be putting my Yoshi pipe on till later in the year, sorry. I have ridden along side a 79' 1000 with a Yoshi pipe and it sounded like mine had a higher pitch..I think. I've heard the V&H pipes and this sounds far better than those. As for performance, again I don't have anything to compare it to other than the stock 4 into 2. There are a few guys on here running this pipe, mostly in the UK. I'm sure they'll chime in. Where you thinking of getting one from?
        Rob
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I don't know where, probably try to pick one up used later in the year. I'd have to sell the basanni (which is ferocious and I love) but it is a lot of work when it comes to dumping the oil (and no center stand) .I need to get the torch on it and get the #2 tube a little love. she likes to leak out the o-ring after 500 or so hard riding miles. because she's been flattened out on the bottom over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post

There's a shop in Idaho that is selling them for just under $400 I think. Fit's nice and tight, removable baffle, sweet tone.
            Got a link?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Shopify provides a reliable Ecommerce platform so you focus on selling online! Integrated hosting, shopping cart and Ecommerce payment solution all in one!

unfortunately I don't see them listed but it's worth a call
              Last edited by azr; 02-06-2014, 12:35 AM.
              Rob

Comment

I emailed Marving to find out who their USA distributor is and here's there reply.

Dear Sir
                our U.S. dealer is:
                MonsterParts
                info@monsterparts.com
                Regards
                MARVING
                Rob

Comment

Got a Marving on one of my Ss and had one on my 1100F. Best 4-1 we can get off the shelf in the UK. You keep the centre stand plus access to the drain plug and filter is fine. Highly recommended and if you're only paying $400 you're getting one a lot cheaper than we can.
                  79 GS1000S
                  79 GS1000S (another one)
                  80 GSX750
                  80 GS550
                  80 CB650 cafe racer
                  75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                  75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by mrbridgeport View Post
                    Wondering if anyone is running a Marving exhaust out their. I'd like to know how they compare to a Bassani or Yoshi (I have both). Bassani on my 1100 and an old Yosh on my 750 racebike. The Basani is getting a little beat up and needs some love. Thinking of getting something new.
                    Looky here, you might be in luck.

Shopify provides a reliable Ecommerce platform so you focus on selling online! Integrated hosting, shopping cart and Ecommerce payment solution all in one!
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I run a marving & like it a lot. Sound is as good as my Yosh used to be but I get to keep centre stand & can drain oil.

Compared to a V&H that I ran between the Yosh & the Marving for a year I had to add a bit more fuel so the Marving flows more air than that but was similar to the Yosh.
                      1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
                        Got a Marving on one of my Ss and had one on my 1100F. Best 4-1 we can get off the shelf in the UK. You keep the centre stand plus access to the drain plug and filter is fine. Highly recommended and if you're only paying $400 you're getting one a lot cheaper than we can.
                        I can get one shipped from the UK to Australia cheaper than i can buy one here.
                        AU$805 for the sports model here.

Comment

Like the look and price of those. Nice bike as well. Finally currency fluctuations are beneficial for the US.

The flat 4:1 collector (similar to the FZ1) collector might be just the ticket for people switching over to USD forks in terms of additional ground clearance. I'm guessing you would gain at least 1-3/4".

I've read opinions from exhaust gurus like Ivan's in NY saying that those types of collectors have a flat spot around 4k. This is why Yamaha's use the EXUP exhaust valve to over come that condition by artificially inducing back pressure.

From the opinions I'm reading in this thread it might not be as much of an issue on older bikes. His preferred collector is a 4:1 (two pipes over/two pipes under) with a divider plate in the final merge pipe. He doesn't manufacture pipes he just tests them in conjunction with his jet kit development. Muzzy made the ones he liked best.

Comment

It looks quite a bit like the pipes that motorgpwerks makes for these bikes in stainless steel for about $500.00 U.S.

Comment

Thanks for the insight. What I don't like about the basanni that I have is the 4 into 1 collector, loose a bunch of ground clearance and keep bangin it 2 up in parking lots and that type of thing. Now I need to heat up the #2 tube and give it a little bend. Banging it on stuff from time to time has puled the number two pipe out of true and I keep getting exhaust leaks now. Similar thing with the Yoshi on the racebike (did modern wheel setup on it) so the pipe is super low with the new wheel setup and then you have a belly pan over that. Maybe the Marving is the way to go. Never seen a Muzzy around. How rare are those?

Comment

Working...
                              X